Laser therapy in dentistry provides patients with a more comfortable dental treatment experience. Using laser dentistry, your dentist is able to deliver a precise treatment that is more comfortable, quicker, and provides more stunning results.
Benefits of laser therapy
There are several benefits to receiving a laser therapy dental treatment.
- Many laser treatments do not require anesthesia, and the recovery time is much quicker than with traditional treatment methods.
- Treatments are more comfortable.
- There is less potential chance of bacterial infection because laser treatments are so precise.
Two types of laser dentistry
There are two different types of laser dentistry: hard tissue and soft tissue. Hard tissue includes treatments such as cavity detection, dental fillings, and tooth sensitivity improvements. Soft tissue treatments include gum reshaping, gum surgery, and muscle attachment improvements.
Procedures such as removing benign oral tumors, regenerating nerves, overcoming sleep apnea, whitening teeth, and treating TMD are also considered laser dentistry treatments.
To learn more about laser dentistry and how you may benefit from a laser treatment, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment.
Maximum Comfort — Complete Efficiency — Stunning Results
Dental anxiety, whether mild or severe, can prevent patients of all ages from taking a proactive approach to receiving dental care. Waterlase MD works without heat, vibration, and drilling to provide a minimally invasive, precise, comfortable alternative to traditional treatments.
What is Waterlase MD?
The Waterlase MD utilizes advanced laser technology to:
- Help reduce patient anxiety
- Provide minimally invasive restorations
- Significantly reduce the need for retreatment
- Comfortably prepare patients for fillings, root canals, and cosmetic treatment
- Provide treatment using less anesthesia
- Reduce bleeding, post-operative swelling, or pain after treatment
- Provide a more efficient treatment in less time
How does it work?
Laser dentistry has revolutionized the way patients receive dental treatment. The Waterlase MD uses the high-tech combination of YSGG (yttrium-scandium-gallium-garnet) laser energy and water to provide a more comfortable dental experience with lasting results.
The Waterlase MD is so precise that your doctor is able to perform restorations to the teeth, gum, and bones without causing damage to surrounding areas in the mouth.
Is it safe?
The Waterlase MD is safe and effective. First approved for use in 1998, the Waterlase MD is now used by dentists around the world to deliver accurate, comfortable treatments that meet the needs of patients of all ages.
Ask your doctor about Waterlase before your next dental treatment.
If you'd like to learn more about Waterlase treatment, or find out if this is the right treatment for you, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment. We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.